Trusted Ingenuity. Proven Reliability. ℠
New Product Introduction
Get it done right the first time – fast! These are the words you hear when trying to accelerate your time to market because finding more time is not an option. IEC Electronics shares that sense of urgency and has a Product Acceleration Center dedicated to our customers New Product Introductions (NPI).
Minimizing the risk for timely re-spins begins with a comprehensive analysis of the design itself. Our engineering expertise combined with broad DfX tools, diagnoses the design and provides solutions to reduce the risk for supply chain, manufacturing, and functional performance testing.
From quick-turn prototypes to component qualifications, our Product Acceleration Center is flexible and focused to provide the highest level of technical expertise for your complex assemblies.
Communication is the final key for a successful bridge from design into manufacturing. Whether inspecting the product remotely via webcam or personal delivery of the first article at your facility with our Ambassador Program, our goal is to provide fast and accurate information to support your time to market goals.
Analyzing Products for NPIRead More
Utilizing industry-leading tools and Design for Excellence (DfX) principles, IEC engineers focus on helping you finalize your design to ensure a robust manufacturing process for your critical product performance.
- Layout Optimization using Valor Software
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly & Analysis
- Redesign of Product from Through Hole to Surface Mount
- Redesign for Cost Reduction or Obsolescence
- 3D Modeling & Mechanical Analysis
- CAD & Schematic Review for Testability & Accessibility
- Product Functionality/Reliability Requirements
- Component/Device Functionality
- Component Life Cycle and Risk Analysis using IHS Tools
- RoHS Compliance
- REACH Compliance for EU
- Conflict Minerals
- Minimizing premiums by shortening the procurement cycle
- Process Failure Modes & Effect Analysis (PFMEA)
- Validation Strategy Development
- Risk Mitigation Strategy Development
Time to Market
Based on your needs, IEC Electronics offers three paths to match your specific manufacturing requirements.
Minimum lead-time, Quote & Buy Approach
Quick turn engineering prototypes
Minimized lead-time, Pre-quoted materials
Pre-production or short runs
Existing products undergoing revisions or transitional changes
Board re-spin for product optimization
The Product Acceleration Center is flexible and focused on meeting Customer’s needs – especially when timelines are critical. Dedicated resources and multiple communication methods are available to ensure that the projects move as quickly as possible. Design and testing expertise also offer broad solutions for complex full system assemblies.
Analysis & Testing Lab
- Dedicated facilities, equipment and team
- Full SMT Capabilities
- Compatible with production platforms
- Dedicated Project Management
- Webcam for inspection and qualification review
- Ambassador Program
- Personal delivery of first article to customer’s facility
- PCBA - Layout and prototyping
- Cable & Harness Design
- Chassis enclosure Design
- Functional Test Development
- Failure Analysis
- Process Qualification
- Product Validation
- State of the art equipment
- Component screening per MIL-STD-1580